Matillion ETL Documentation
Matillion Documentation is changing!
Over the course of the next few weeks you may notice some significant changes to the documentation. This is both to account for the larger scope of the Matillion ETL product as well as to provide documentation for other Matillion services such as Matillion Data Loader and the Matillion Hub. We appreciate your patience and understanding during these changes.
- The Getting Started section has been retired and its contents have been redistributed to more logically consistent categories.
- Launching documentation and other admin-centric tasks have been moved to the Administration category.
- OAuth guides have been moved to their respective Connectors categories such that all connectors for a particular service, along with their OAuth documentation, are collected together.
Matillion ETL version 1.63 is now live!
See the version 1.63 release notes for more information. Remember to subscribe to the Matillion documentation YouTube channel for more updates. Thanks!
Welcome to the Matillion ETL documentation site where we hope you can find answers to your questions and problems as well as discovering new things that will enhance your ETL journey.
|Matillion Hub||How to use the Matillion Hub and its functions as well as how to get started with Matillion ETL and Matillion Data Loader via the Hub.|
|Matillion ETL Basics||Learn concepts and terminology that will empower you to use Matillion ETL. From Accessing your instance, to Jobs and Variables, to understanding Cloud Data Warehouses and SQL.|
|Administration||Information on launching and running a Matillion ETL instance, managing its users, updating and configuring your Cloud Data Platforms.|
|Project Menu||Information on the Project-level management options available in Matillion ETL.|
|Orchestration||Detailed information on the components available in Matillion ETL's orchestration jobs. This includes connectors and OAuth guides.|
|Transformation||Detailed information on the components available in Matillion ETL's transformation jobs.|
|Matillion ETL API||A complete reference to the API users can use to interact with their Matillion ETL client.|
|Cloud Configuration||Walkthroughs for the configurations required to set up non-warehouse resources in your Cloud Platform such as Roles and Permissions for accessing storage.|
|Guides||A broad range of documentation on accomplishing technical tasks and solving issues related to Matillion ETL.|
Platform Agnostic Documentation
documentation.matillion.com is a platform-agnostic site meaning that you view the same information regardless of which cloud platform your Matillion ETL instance is based on.
It is, however, often required that platform-specific information exists and we endeavour to make this information as accessible as possible.
- Platform-specific articles often exist both for different warehouses (Snowflake, Redshift, BigQuery and Synapse) as well as cloud platform (AWS, GCP and Azure).
- Platform-specific sections in articles are common for shorter articles focusing on a single Matillion ETL feature common to all platforms. These are particularly common in documentation for components and users are advised to skip to the section that best describes their instance.
Each past version available for download has been packaged into a zip file that should be unzipped/extracted using your preferred tool. Once unzipped/extracted, the individual documentation pages are available as .html files.
Click the link of your desired version to begin the download.
|Release version||Release date|
|1.59||15th December 2021|
|1.58||10th November 2021|
|1.56||6th October 2021|
|1.55||9th August 2021|
|1.54||8th June 2021|
|1.53||25th March 2021|
|1.51||12th February 2021|
|1.50||12th November 2020|