1.3x Matillion ETL for BigQuery Notes
Matillion ETL for BigQuery 1.39 (Features Video)
- New Data Staging components to quickly and easily bring your data into BigQuery:
- Lead/Lag Component now has the option of ignoring Null values.
- The Matillion ETL API (v1) now includes an endpoint that allows creating Versions.
- Database Query component now has a Basic Mode similar to other Data Staging components that offers a codeless alternative to using these services.
- Additional endpoints available for Zuora Query and Zuora Bulk Query components.
- Cloud Storage Load Generator tool interface has been reworked for a smoother experience.
Matillion ETL for BigQuery 1.38.8
- Updated Magento Query driver.
- Updated Google Analytics driver.
- New method of single-account authentication for Stripe Query.
- Reworked logged diagnostic information.
- Fixed an error where jobs could hang indefinitely due to a problem with the handling of temporary files.
Matillion ETL for BigQuery 1.38 (Features Video)
- Product Improvement Metrics can now be gathered within Matillion ETL. When you update your instance of Matillion ETL for BigQuery you will be prompted to share anonymized Product Improvement Metrics data. Matillion will use this information to build you a better product. Absolutely no personal data is collected through this service.
- Create Project now has a multi-step wizard configuration complete with tooltips to help guide users through creating a Matillion ETL Project.
- Configuring Environments now uses a multi-step wizard configuration complete with tooltips to help guide users through creating and editing Environments.
- Reintroducing a dialog option that allows “Text Mode” configuration of Variables (namely, Manage Environment Variables and Manage Job Variables). Use the Text Mode to enter or copy variables data in a plain text format.
- A new Sharepoint Query component allows users to connect to their Sharepoint account.
- The new Zuora Bulk Query component allows users to connect to their Zuora account via the AQuA API to bring data into Bigquery and transform it using Matillion ETL.
Matillion ETL for BigQuery 1.37
Note: The Data Transfer component is now the preferred way to move files/objects between storage providers. Existing components such as S3 Get/Put, GCS Get will continue to work in existing jobs, but new jobs should use Data Transfer.
- New Data Loading orchestration components:
- All Data Loading orchestration components can now display data directly sampled from their source, allowing users to easily check their current configuration.
- All Data Loading orchestration components can now display the SQL generated by the component.
- The new Salesforce Incremental Load Wizard allows users to quickly and easily create incremental loads from a variety of popular database types.
- A new Migration Tool can help move any number of Matillion ETL assets directly from one Matillion ETL instance to another.
Note: The preferred (and safest) way to upgrade is now to launch a new copy of Matillion ETL running the latest version, use the Migration Tool to move and validate the new version, before deleting the existing instance. In-place upgrade may be removed in future versions.
Matillion ETL for BigQuery 1.36
- A selection of new components to connect to various services:
- Shopify Query connects to the user’s Shopify account.
- Survey Monkey Query loads data from a SurveyMonkey database.
- Zoho CRM Query retrieves Zoho CRM data.
- Dynamics 365 Sales Query connects to the Sales service in Dynamics 365.
- Dynamics 365 Business Central Query connects to the Business Central services in Dynamics 365.
- DynamoDB Query loads data from Amazon’s DynamoDB.
- ORC and PARQUET file formats now supported in Cloud Storage Load.
- Selected Environments are now user-specific. Users can now specify their environments independently of one another.
- Many UX improvements including automatically connecting components on the canvas, improved variables workflow and new keyboard shortcuts.
- Users can now freely copy, cut, and paste jobs within a project.
- Autocompletion prompts now appear in many places when using Matillion ETL variables in code.
Matillion ETL for BigQuery 1.35
- New “Data Transfer” Component that boasts all the functionality of the existing S3 Get, S3 Put and Cloud Storage Put components, plus additional source and target destinations (Azure Blob Storage).
- In addition to AWS and GCP credentials, environments can now reference Azure credentials to interact with Azure services such as Blob Storage.
- A new “Apache Hive Query” component connects to your Apache Hive data warehouse.
- A new “LinkedIn Query” component connects to your company’s LinkedIn apps.
- A new “Bing Search Query” component connects to the Bing Search API.
- A new “Bing Ads Query” component connects to the Bing Ads service.
- A new “Dynamics 365 Sales Query” component connects to the Dynamics 365
- Allow uploading the native Microsoft SQL Server JDBC Driver (the bundled jTDS driver is often the fastest in scenarios where it works)
- New ‘Extract To New Job’ function available by right-clicking a selection of multiple components on the canvas. Allows users to instantly create new jobs from a group of components, tidying up workflows and helping to create reusable jobs.
Matillion ETL for BigQuery 1.34.5
Matillion ETL for BigQuery 1.34
Important Notice: On upgrade, a background task will restructure the task history. During this time not all historic tasks will be available to view in the UI or API. The process only takes a few minutes in the general case but can take several hours if you have millions of run history items. This will require additional disk space so ensure you have at least 50% free space before attempting the upgrade.
- Shared Jobs:
- You can now turn your reusable orchestration jobs into their own components with their own parameters, help and Icon.
- Shared jobs can be packaged and distributed across multiple ETL instances with Import and Export.
- Historic Task Viewer:
- Previously completed tasks can be viewed on the canvas along with any parameter errors.
- You can understand the canvas state of a job and also see the jobs contained in a Shared Job.
- An “Unconditional” connector:
- Its now simpler to build orchestrations where the next orchestration step is run regardless of the success or failure of the prior step. This avoids use of extra “and” and “or” components to achieve the same thing.
- “Auto Debug” for all Data Loading components:
- Data Loaders come with the Auto Debug property. When switched on, allows users to choose between 5 levels of Debug Logging verbosity.
- Makes it easier to retrieve logging information without console access to the Matillion ETL Instance. Include these logs in your support requests for much faster turnaround!
- Warning: Can potentially consume large amounts of disk space. Do not leave this switched on unless directly in need of it!
- It is now possible to import, export and modify permissions via the API.
- Password and secrets used in orchestrations and elsewhere can now be encrypted using Google Cloud Key Management Service (KMS)
- BigQuery no longer creates temporary views during validation.
- The SQL Script component now supports multiple queries.
Matillion ETL for BigQuery 1.33.10
- Hot fixes for Salesforce OOM
Matillion ETL for BigQuery 1.33
Important: Queries using the Advanced Mode of the Google BigQuery Query Component will pass the SQL directly to BigQuery without any interpretation. If this causes any problem, please set the Connection Option 'Query Passthrough' to FALSE
Important: Users with the API role bypass some permissions checks (reads) during API calls.
- Open Exchange Rates Query component connects to the Grid Iterator allow iterating the values of a Grid Variable, similarly to iterating through a table of values.
- SQL Editor (in all Query components) now shows available Tables/Columns and Variables to help you author and test SQL queries from source systems.
- A new “Notices” V1 API endpoint allows you to query the current system notifications and post new messages which notify all users.
- New “User Configuration” and "Permission" V1 API endpoints allow user management via the Matillion API.
- Job Variables (scalar and grid) now have a “Visibility” that determines how they are used elsewhere.
- All variables now have a description.
- 100+ bug fixes across all areas of Matillion ETL.
- Trigger the execution of Orchestrations jobs via Queue Listener feature
Matillion ETL for BigQuery 1.32.6
IMPORTANT: Ensure you have a backup efore you upgrade. Security configuration changes are applied on upgrade. These changes cannot be reversed.
Enterprise Only: This version of Matillion introduces a new Permissions system that allows users to:
- Setup users with fine grained permission sets that can limit the 100+ core functions of the tool.
- Provides default permission groups:
- Reader - Read only user who can’t modify a project.
- Reader with Comments - Reader with ability to add notes to jobs.
- Runner - A user how and execute but not modify jobs.
- Scheduler - A user who can execute, schedule and change related config.
- Writer - A user who can create ETL jobs but not delete projects.
- Additional permission groups can be added at any time and are organised hierarchically making them easy to set up.
- A new suite of Grid Variable components are now included to make populating and manipulating them simpler - often without requiring any scripting:
- A new “SendGrid Query” component connects to the ElasticSearch Query” component to connect to the Magento Query” component to connect to the Zuora Query” component to connect to the GMail Query” component to connect to Google’s email service.
- A new “Run Now” action has been added when defining a schedule.
- Double-clicking a component on the canvas now opens the components “default” editor, if it has one. For example, double-clicking a Bash Script component will begin editing the script.
- Internal User: When using the “internal” security option tomcat user passwords are now hashed when stored on disk.
Matillion ETL for BigQuery 1.31
Important (possible breaking change): API Profiles ("RSD’s") that handle paging may need to be tweaked to disable “auto” paging. Please see here for more details.
Important (possible breaking change): API profile limits are now applied. Where the default of 100 is set it will now be applied. This could affect API Query Components which previously ignored that limit.
- Zendesk Query orchestration component for loading data from the Mixpanel Query orchestration component for loading data from Xero Query orchestration component for loading data from the Dynamics 365 Query orchestration component for loading data from API Profile RSD Generator
- Accelerate the development of API Profiles using a new tool that automatically generates a basic XML “RSD descriptor” for any API endpoint, based on a sample of data returned.
- New REST API Version 1 for provides full coverage of Matillion ETL functions:
- You can now read/write more assets (JDBC Drivers, credentials, SQS configuration) as well as allowing finer-control of which resources to include.
- The “v0” api is still available and unchanged but may become unsupported in future.
- In addition to “scalar” (single-valued) variables, you can now define grid variables to hold lists and grids of values; use them wherever a compatible list or grid of values is required.
- Grid variables can be manipulated/modified in Python.
- You can pass values for grid variables when starting a job via SQS and/or the V1 API.
Matillion ETL for BigQuery 1.30.6
- New Cloud Pub/Sub component can send messages to PubSub during job runs.
- New Cloud Storage Load Generator can inspect files on Cloud Storage and generate Create Table / Cloud Storage Load components.
- Redesigned ""Task Info" panel and "Task" panel make it much easier to understand complex tasks both at run time and after job execution.
- Matillion variables can be defined and scoped at job level making jobs much more reusable. Variables can now be passed to and returned from jobs.
- New Quickbooks Online Query component to connect to the popular online accounting system.
- New Square Query component to connect to the payment system.
- New Google Custom Search component allows google search data to be ingested.
- All data-staging components can append rows to an existing table as well as creating new tables.