Launching Matillion ETL for Redshift - AWS
Matillion ETL for Redshift is an AMI-based ETL/ELT tool built specifically for Amazon Redshift. Modern, browser-based UI. Powerful, push-down ETL/ELT. To learn more about the product, watch this video.
This support page describes how to launch and connect to Matillion ETL for Redshift from the AWS Marketplace.
Important: For best results, we recommend launching from EC2 console with instructions here. Launching from EC2 Console instead of Launching from Website will allow you to manage the resources that Matillion ETL for Redshift has access to using IAM Roles without the need to create and copy security keys to the tool as described below.
Additionally, Launching from Website means you will need to enter your credentials manually.
Selecting Matillion ETL for Redshift from the AWS Marketplace
To launch and configure Matillion ETL for Redshift, you should select it from the AWS Marketplace and start the launch/setup procedure. To do this, use the following steps:
- Locate Matillion ETL for Redshift on the AWS Marketplace.
- From the Matillion ETL for Redshift product page on the AWS Marketplace, press the yellow Continue To Subscribe button.
- Depending on your current setup, you may also need to click Continue to Configuration on the new page.
On the Configure this software page, select Amazon Machine Image with a 64-bit Amazon Machine Image (AMI) as your Fulfillment Option.
Note: If you are not already logged in you will be prompted for your AWS account credentials.
It is highly recommended that users always select the most up-to-date product version available and in a region which they (or their current AWS services) reside in.
Click Continue to Launch to continue the setup. Note that in spite of the name, clicking this will not yet launch your instance or charge your account.
Launching from WebsiteOn the Launch from software screen, simply select Launch from Website on the Choose Action dropdown. This will bring up several new options further down the page.
Choose one of the supported Instance Types. Each Instance Type is appropriately sized to support a given number of users and the software itself recognises the Instance Type it is running on and restricts maximum concurrent users on this basis.
For teams of 1-2 data professionals using Matillion ETL for Redshift concurrently, choose t2.medium
For teams of 3-5 data professionals using Matillion ETL for Redshift concurrently, choose m4.large
- For teams of 6-12 data professionals using Matillion ETL for Redshift concurrently, choose m4.xlarge
- In VPC Settings and Subnet Settings choose a VPC and associated subnet to launch into. For a discussion of VPC best practices see Launching in a VPC.
- In Security Group Settings, select an existing security group or make a new one for this instance.
- Choose a Key Pair. If you don't have a key pair see here. The Key pair will be used for logging on and updating the EC2 Image.
- If you are happy with the setup to go again, Click Launch
You will now need to connect to your instance and enter your Redshift credentials manually.
If you are unsure about any of these settings or have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact support with your inquiry.