Non-hub: Launching Matillion ETL for Redshift from AWS Marketplace
- Existing customers who used the Marketplace listing before the release of Matillion Hub will be able to continue to see the previous Marketplace listing.
- New customers must go through the Matillion Hub to select their preferred Cloud Provider and Data Warehouse to begin their Matillion ETL journey.
Matillion ETL for Redshift is an AMI-based ETL/ELT tool built specifically for Amazon Redshift. Matillion ETL for Amazon Redshift provides ETL developers, data scientists, and data analytics professionals alike with a robust purpose-built data transformation solution for the cloud. Matillion ETL solution brings customers new levels of simplicity, speed, scale, and savings.
The following guide describes how to launch and connect Matillion ETL for Amazon Redshift, using Amazon Machine Image (AMI), and launching the software through the website.
Prior to launching a Matillion ETL instance you need to be an existing non-hub customer, and are required to have:
- Adequate knowledge about the cloud service account (AWS, Azure, GCP), and Cloud Data Warehouse (Snowflake, Redshift or Google BigQuery), you want to launch.
- A user with admin permissions who can access the intended cloud service account.
- Access to a cloud storage bucket (S3, Azure, Blob Storage or Google Cloud Storage) to house the transient staging files Matillion used to load data to the cloud.
- A network path to access the intended data sources. This may involve working with your network team to enable access to on-premise databases.
Launching Matillion ETL for Amazon Redshift from the AWS Marketplace
To configure and launch Matillion ETL for Amazon Redshift, use the following steps:
- Sign in to the AWS Marketplace, and enter Matillion ETL for "Redshift" into the search bar, at the top of the marketplace.
Please raise a support case if you're unable to see the listing you require. For more information, read Getting Support.
- The Subscribe to this software page will be displayed. Next to the Matillion ETL listing, click Continue to Subscribe.
At this stage, if you aren't already logged into the AWS Marketplace, you will be prompted for your AWS account credentials before you can continue.
Depending on your current setup, you may need to click Continue to Configuration
On the Configure this software page, use the Delivery Method drop-down menu to select Amazon Machine Image with 64-bit Amazon Machine Image (AMI) as your Fulfillment Option, then click Continue to Launch.
- Where possible, select the most up-to-date product version available.
- Launching Matillion ETL at this stage will not launch your instance, and will not charge your account.
You will be redirected to the Launch this software page. Review your configuration, and use the drop-down menu in the Choose Action section to select Launch from website. This will reveal new options later in the process.
Use the EC2 Instance Type drop-down menu to choose one of the supported Instance Types. Each Instance Type is appropriately sized to support a given number of users, and the software itself recognizes the instance type it's running on, and restricts maximum concurrent users on this basis.
- For teams of 1-2 data professionals using Matillion ETL for Redshift concurrently, choose t2.medium.
- For teams of 3-5 data professionals using Matillion ETL for Redshift concurrently, choose m4.large.
- For teams of 6-12 data professionals using Matillion ETL for Redshift concurrently, choose m4.xlarge.
Use the VPC Settings and Subnet Settings drop-down menus to choose a VPC and associated subnet, respectively, to launch your Matillion ETL into. For more information, read Configuring an AWS VPC.
In the Security Group Settings section, use the drop-down menu to select an existing Security Group. To create a new one, click the Create New Based on Seller Settings button, and provide the required details.
In the Key Pair Settings section, to ensure no other person has access to your software, Create a key pair in EC2. If you have already created one, select it from the drop-down menu. The key pair will be used for logging on and updating the EC2 image.
Finally, review your configuration on the Launch this software page, then click Launch.
If you are unsure about any of these settings or have further questions, please don't hesitate to contact support with your inquiry.