Launching Matillion ETL for Redshift - AWS
Matillion ETL for Redshift is an AMI-based ETL/ELT tool built specifically for Amazon Redshift. Matillion ETL for Amazon Redshift provides ETL developers, data scientists, and data analytics professionals alike with a robust purpose-built data transformation solution for the cloud. Matillion ETL solution brings customers new levels of simplicity, speed, scale, and savings.
This article describes how to launch and connect to Matillion ETL for Redshift from the AWS Marketplace.
Selecting Matillion ETL for Redshift from the AWS Marketplace
To launch and configure Matillion ETL for Redshift, you should select it from the AWS Marketplace and start the launch/setup procedure. To do this, use the following steps:
- Locate Matillion ETL for Redshift on the AWS Marketplace.
- From the Matillion ETL for Redshift product page on the AWS Marketplace, press the Continue To Subscribe button on the top right of the Subscribe to this software page.
- Depending on your current setup, you may also need to click Continue to Configuration on the new page.
- On the Configure this software page, select Amazon Machine Image with a 64-bit Amazon Machine Image (AMI) as your Fulfillment Option and then, click Continue to Launch to further process the steps.
It is highly recommended that users always select the most up-to-date product version available and in a region which they (or their current AWS services)belongs to.
Launching the ETL at this stage will not launch your instance or will not charge to your account.
- You will be redirected to the Launch this software page. To launch the software from the website, simply select Launch from Website using the dropdown. This will bring up several new options further down the page.
- Choose one of the supported Instance Types. Each Instance Type is appropriately sized to support a given number of users and the software itself recognises the Instance Type it is running on and restricts maximum concurrent users on this basis.
If you are not already logged into AWS Marketpace, you will be prompted for your AWS account credentials.
For teams of 1-2 data professionals using Matillion ETL for Redshift concurrently, choose t2.medium
For teams of 3-5 data professionals using Matillion ETL for Redshift concurrently, choose m4.large
- For teams of 6-12 data professionals using Matillion ETL for Redshift concurrently, choose m4.xlarge
Next StepYou will now need to connect to your instance and enter your Redshift credentials manually.
If you are unsure acout any of these settings or have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact support with your inquiry.