Looking for ticketed support? Visit support.matillion.com
At Matillion, we love hearing from our customers. Communication with customers often gives us the opportunity to help users get more from their Matillion ETL experience, so please get in touch. We welcome questions, issues, or even general feedback, because these forms of communication help us to make a better product for all Matillion ETL users.
To reach out for help and support, use these resources:
Whether you're getting started with Matillion ETL, need technical advice, or are attempting to troubleshoot issues with the client and related services, we are eager to help.
Sometimes the in-client or documented help isn't enough to solve the challenges our customers face, and the best way for users to get further assistance is to either raise a ticket through the Matillion Support Center, or email our support team directly.
- Visit the Matillion Support Center at support.matillion.com, from here, you can:
- Create an account and log in.
- Review your current cases - click the View cases button and use the filter to view all cases, recently viewed and pinned items.
- Create and modify new cases - Once you have logged in, click the Submit case button on our support site, and complete the form. You can upload a file to support your case, and click the Submit button to alert our customer support team. Refer to the table below for more information about submitting cases.
- At the top of the support center you can find links to the following services:
- Matillion.com: the Matillion website.
- Documentation: user documentation.
- Community: click the More menu at the top of the Matillion Support Center, and select Community. Post a public question, voice your opinion, and join forums. Log in and join our community.
- Exchange: click the More menu at the top of the Matillion Support Center, and select Exchange. Download and submit shared components and templates to your Matillion ETL instance.
Please adhere to the table below when submitting cases to Matillion Support:
|Severity 1||Critical production outage|
|Severity 2||High impact loss of service|
|Severity 3||Medium, partial impact to service delivery|
|Severity 4||Low impact, minor issue, or information request|
- Email email@example.com. For the fastest turnaround time on your support case, include as much detail on your instance and issue as possible.
Please at least include:
- How your Matillion ETL instance is hosted. (Which platform - AWS, GCP, or Azure).
- The version of Matillion ETL you are running. Click Help → About in your Matillion ETL instance.
- The data platform you are connecting to (e.g. Snowflake, Redshift, Delta Lake on Databricks, BigQuery, or Synapse).
- A summary of the problem you are experiencing, quoting any relevant error messages.
Matillion ETL hosts support information for each component through the Help tab in the component's Properties panel. Selecting a component on the canvas and then browsing to the Help tab will expose a brief version of the online documentation for that component.
At the bottom of the Help tab will always be a link to the full online documentation that will open in a new browser window.
Help Us Support You
We always want to deal with a problem or question promptly and effectively, so when raising tickets, please provide as much relevant information as you can. These might include:
- Screenshots of jobs or errors.
- Log files from your Matillion ETL instance. See details for connecting here. The log file we need most in the case of a serious error is /var/log/tomcat8/catalina.out/var/log/tomcat/catalina.out.
- The Catalina.out file can also be accessed by clicking Admin, then Download Server Log. This will trigger a download of your Catalina.out file.
- Any transformation or orchestration jobs you want to share via Project → then Export.
Additionally, client details can be easily obtained by browsing to Help → Support Information inside Matillion ETL.
Support Information contains a formatted list of details regarding the current Matillion ETL session that can be copied or directly mailed to Matillion Support in order to aid the support team in helping you.
For troubleshooting data staging query components or connectors, be advised that providing some debug information in your support request can greatly expedite our support staff's diagnosis of an issue. For more details on using Debug Mode on data staging components, read Data Staging Components.