When a Matillion ETL user deletes an Orchestration Job or a Transformation Job, the job is "soft-deleted" (moved to the Recycle Bin). However, users can still take one of two actions with a job deleted in this way.
- Restore any job that was deleted (moved to the recycle bin).
- "Delete Forever" any job that has been deleted to the Recycle Bin.
To delete a job (move it to the Recycle Bin), perform one of these two actions:
- Click on the chosen job in the Project panel, and press the DEL or DELETE key on your keyboard.
- Right-click on the chosen job and then click Delete.
When a Matillion ETL job is deleted in this way, the job is placed in the Matillion ETL Recycle Bin. The Recycle Bin is where users can restore or "Delete Forever" a job.
How to Access the Recycle Bin
1. Click Project.
2. Click Recycle Bin.
This action opens the Recycle Bin dialog. From here, users can see any jobs in the current Matillion ETL project's Recycle Bin.
How to Restore a Deleted Job
To restore a deleted job, in the Recycle Bin dialog, right-click the job you wish to restore. Then, click Restore.
This action will move forward to a confirmation page to ensure you want to restore the selected job.
Upon restoration, the job will once again be accessible in the Project panel.
How to "Delete Forever" a Deleted Job
Deleting a job that is already in the Recycle Bin will make that job irretrievable. Please only perform this action with great care.
To "Delete Forever" a deleted job, in the Recycle Bin dialog, right-click the job you wish to delete. Then, click Delete Forever.
This action will move forward to a confirmation page to ensure you want to "Delete Forever" the selected job.
- The Matillion ETL recycle bin retains the instance's folder structure, meaning a deleted job will be located within the original folder structure in the recycle bin. Restoring a job will return it to its position in the folder structure.
- A deleted job cannot be restored if a new job with the same name has been created. Instead, use CTRL + M on the old job to rename it, and then restore it.
If you require assistance using the Recycle Bin, visit our Getting Support page.