PayPal Query Authentication Guide
This is a step-by-step guide to acquiring third-party credentials for authorizing the PayPal Query connector for use in Matillion ETL.
This connector uses an OAuth for third-party authentication.
While connector properties may differ between cloud data warehouses, the authentication process remains the same.
Begin by creating an OAuth entry in Matillion ETL, as described in Manage OAuth. You should then configure this OAuth entry using PayPal credentials, obtained as described below.
Acquiring third-party credentials
Open the PayPal Developer portal and click Log in to Dashboard in the top right of the screen, then enter valid login credentials.
On the My apps & credentials screen, click Create App below the REST API apps list.
On the Create New App screen, enter the following details then click Create App.
- App Name: Provide a name for the new app.
- App Type: Select Merchant.
- Sandbox Business Account: Select an account to associate the new app with.
- The portal will display an information screen for the new app. Copy the values in the Client ID and Secret fields.
- You need to click show to reveal the Secret field before copying it.
- When copying the credentials, some browsers may add a space to the end of the string. Watch out for this as it will cause the credentials to fail.
- Now return to the Manage OAuth dialog in Matillion ETL to complete the OAuth configuration.