Launching Matillion ETL For Redshift Using Templates
Launching your Matillion ETL instance using templates requires use of Amazon's CloudFormation service. To begin launching Matillion ETL via a CloudFormation Template, you can either use a downloaded template or one provided on the AWS Marketplace.
Both methods finish their setup in the same way (see the Completing the CloudFormation Template Launch section in this guide). However, they begin slightly differently. This guide will give you step-by-step process to launch Matillion ETL for Redshift using chosen method.
If you experience problems with launching via templates, please contact support, citing the template you wish to use, for full assistance.
All CloudFormation Templates give Enterprise instances
Beginning from an AWS Marketplace Template
Launch and Configure Matillion ETL from AWS Marketplace
To launch and configure Matillion ETL, you should select it from the AWS Marketplace and start the launch/setup procedure. To do this, use the following steps:
- Locate Matillion ETL for Redshift on the AWS Marketplace.
- From the Matillion ETL for Redshift product page on the AWS Marketplace, press the Continue To Subscribe button on the top right of the Subscribe to this software page.
- Depending on your current setup, you may also need to click Continue to Configuration on the new page.
- On the Configure this software page, select CloudFormation Template as your Fulfillment Option.
- For the CloudFormation Template, select one of the three below options. All Template launches are completely independent and will not affect any current resources on the account.
If you are not already logged into AWS Marketpace, you will be prompted for your AWS account credentials.
Choosing Template and Version
- Getting Started:No resources required. A complete, working out-of-the-box Matillion ETL instance. Recommended option for new users and those testing the product.
- Clustered/Highly Available: Launches an Enterprise Edition of Matillion ETL useful for high availability and clustering applications.
- Single Instance: A working Matillion ETL instance complete with RDS and CloudWatch Logs.
The setup will not be finalised and you will not be charged at this point.
Alternatively, you can also login to the AWS account and navigate to CloudFormation → Create Stack and upload the downloaded template. Please follow the steps below for "beginning from a downloaded template"
Beginning from a downloaded Template
- Log into your account on the AWS dashboard. Navigate to the AWS CloudFormation portal and click Create Stack or Create new Stack.
- On the Create Stack page, choose Upload a template file in specifiy template section and upload the template by clicking Choose file button. Then, click Next.
- Give your Stack a name and configure the blank details as appropriate for your instance and click Next.
- On the Configure stack options page, you can specify tags (key-value pairs) to apply to resources in your stack.
- The Stack creation should now be complete. Your new Stack should appear in the list and its status will change as it becomes available.
Pre-designed templates for use with Matillion ETL can be downloaded from our Templates page.
Ensure you make note of the Master Username and Password that you provide and set the port to 5439.
Now that your Matillion Instance is up and running, it is ready to be connected to and used. For more information on your next steps, see documentation on Connecting to the Instance and UI and Basic Functions.