Launching Matillion ETL for Snowflake Using Templates
Launching your Matillion ETL instance using templates requires use of Amazon's CloudFormation service. To begin launching Matillion ETL via a CloudFormation Template, you can either use a downloaded template or one provided on the AWS Marketplace.
Both methods finish their setup in the same way (see the Completing the CloudFormation Template Launch section). However, they begin slightly differently. See the sections below for a guide to launching via your chosen method.
If you experience problems with launching via templates, please contact support, citing the template you wish to use, for full assistance.
Note: All CloudFormation Templates give Enterprise instances.
Beginning from an AWS Marketplace Template
To launch and configure Matillion ETL, you should select it from the AWS Marketplace and start the launch/setup procedure. To do this, use the following steps:
- Locate Matillion ETL for Snowflake on the AWS Marketplace.
- From the Matillion ETL product page on the AWS Marketplace, press the Continue to Subscribe button.
- From the Subscription page press the Continue to Configuration button.
Choosing Version and Location
1. On the Configure this software page, select CloudFormation as your Fulfillment Option.
2. For the CloudFormation Template, select one of the three below options. All Template launches are completely independent and will not affect any current resources on the account.
- Getting Started: No resources required. A complete, working out-of-the-box Matillion ETL instance. Recommended option for new users and those testing the product.
- Clustered/Highly Available: Launches an Enterprise Edition of Matillion ETL useful for high availability and clustering applications.
- Single Instance: A working Matillion ETL instance complete with RDS and CloudWatch Logs.
Note that the setup will not be finalised and you will not be charged at this point.
Beginning from a downloaded Template
1. Log into your account on the AWS dashboard and navigate to the AWS CloudFormation portal.
2. Click Create Stack or Create new stack.
3. Select Choose file and upload the template of your choice. Pre-designed templates for use with Matillion ETL can be downloaded from our Templates page.
Completing the CloudFormation Template Launch
1. Regardless of where you chose to take your Template from, you should now have a completed Amazon S3 template URL field.
2. Click Next to reach the Stack Details page.
3. Give your Stack a name and configure the blank details as appropriate for your instance. Ensure you make note of the Master Username and Password that you provide and set the port to 5439.
4. Click Next. Then Next again on the Tags page (unless you wish to add some...)
5. The Stack creation should now be complete. Your new Stack should appear in the list and its status will change as it becomes available.
Now that your Matillion Instance is up and running, it is ready to be connected to and used. For more information on your next steps, see documentation on Connecting to the Instance and UI and Basic Functions.