Accessing the Matillion ETL Client (Google Cloud Platform)
This page will help you find the necessary details to connect to your launched Matillion ETL instance using default login details. For security, we recommend that when you log in for the first time, you set up users with their own logins to the instance. Read User Configuration for details.
This article assumes you have already launched a Matillion ETL instance on Google Cloud Platform (GCP). Read the articles under Launching - GCP for details.
Accessing Matillion ETL on Google Cloud Platform (Compute Engine)
Log in to the Google Cloud console and click VM instances in the left-hand menu.
Click in the Name column of the instance you wish to access.
- On the instance Details page, scroll down to the Network interfaces section and take note of the External IP address. This will be used to connect to Matillion ETL through your web browser.
Scroll down to the Custom metadata section and take note of the RandomUserPassword value. This will be the password you use when first logging into Matillion ETL. Note that we strongly recommend you change this password after you log in, via User Configuration.
Enter the External IP address in your browser's address bar to open your Matillion ETL instance.
The login dialog of the Matillion ETL instance will open. If this is your first login, use the following credentials:
- Username: gcp-user
- Password: The RandomUserPassword noted in step 4.
Click Log In.
- If this is your first login to Matillion ETL, we STRONGLY advise that your first action on the client is to replace this default username and password with your own secure details. This can be done through User Configuration.
- If you are new to Matillion ETL, we recommend reading the documentation on UI and Basic Functions.
- For help launching Matillion ETL for Snowflake, read Launching Matillion ETL for Snowflake - GCP.
- For help launching Matillion ETL for BigQuery, read Launching Matillion ETL for BigQuery - GCP.
- For help creating your first project, read Create Project (Snowflake) or Create Project (BigQuery).
- For help in adding credentials, read Manage Credentials.