Create Project (BigQuery)
These instructions assume you have already successfully launched a Matillion ETL instance.
A Matillion ETL project is a logical grouping of configuration settings and resources—such as jobs—required to use Matillion ETL. When users first log in to their Matillion ETL instance, they will be required to click Confirm in the Product Improvement Metrics dialog, and then they must create a project when no existing projects are available to select.
To create a new project, there are two routes:
- The first route is situated in the Join Project dialog, which will appear automatically upon first loading an instance.
- The second route can be accessed by clicking Project, then clicking Switch Project, and then (for both methods) clicking Create Project.
There are no practical limits to the number of projects you can create. However, only one project is used by the client session at a time, and each project must have a unique name.
Creating a BigQuery project on GCP
The following section describes how to create a Project in Matillion ETL for BigQuery on GCP instances.
1. Project Details
- Project Group: Use the drop-down menu to specify an existing name for the project group. Projects are logically arranged in project groups.
- Project Name: Enter a suitable name for your new project.
- Project Description: Describe your project. This setting is optional.
- Private Project: Check this box to make this new project private. Only users granted access can view and work in this project.
- Include Samples: Untick this box if you do not want to include sample jobs in this project.
- Environment Name: Enter a name for your new Matillion ETL environment.
- GCP Credentials: Use the drop-down menu to choose credentials for the GCP cloud platform. 'Instance Credentials' is selected by default. Click Manage to add a new set of credentials. Read Manage Credentials for more information.
Ensure your Instance Credentials are correctly configured for the required cloud platform. For example, the Azure Blob Storage Load component relies on credentials with access to Blob Storage.
- Default Project: Use the drop-down menu to specify the name of the Project on your GCP account to use by default.
- Default Dataset: Enter the name of the Dataset on your GCP account to use by default. These can be found in the GCP Console at BigQuery, then Resources. For more information, read Accessing Matillion ETL Client (Google Cloud Platform).
To test the connection you must ensure the Default Project and Default Dataset fields are populated with information. Click Test when you are ready.
Click Finish to create your project and environment.
When you first login to Matillion ETL, we recommend you replace your default username and password with your own secure login credentials. For more information about changing these credentials, read User Configuration in the Admin Menu.