Non-hub: Migrate from Snowflake Partner Connect to Matillion ETL for Snowflake
Matillion ETL on Snowflake Partner Connect is a 14-day trial of Matillion ETL for Snowflake.
If you wish to continue using Matillion ETL for Snowflake after your 14-day trial expires, you must launch Matillion ETL for Snowflake via the Matillion Hub.
This page explains how to back up and restore your work in your new hub-launched Matillion ETL for Snowflake instance.
Backup and export necessary assets
The first step is to back up any work on your 14-day trial Matillion ETL instance from Snowflake Partner Connect and then export that work. You will want to backup:
- Job definitions, environments, and environment variables.
- API Profiles (if any).
Backup and export job definitions, environments, and environment variables
In Matillion ETL, click Project, then Export.
Select the jobs, environments, and variables that you wish to export and then click OK. This will download a .JSON file with the necessary definitions. For more information, read Import - Export.
Backup and export API Profiles (if any)
If you have developed any API Profiles, you will need to copy the content across to local files separately, as these aren't accessible by the export utility. To do this, use the following steps:
- Click Project, then Manage API Profiles, and select either Manage Query Profiles or Manage Extract Profiles depending on the API profiles you wish to back up and restore.
- Select the API profile and copy the definitions to local files with your job and environment backup for safe keeping.
- Repeat for each profile.
Import/Restore your backups
This step is for anyone who has launched Matillion ETL for Snowflake (AWS) via the Matillion Hub.
Matillion ETL products are built for connection to specific cloud data platforms (Snowflake, Amazon Redshift, Google BigQuery, Azure Synapse Analytics, Delta Lake on Databricks. Additionally, certain cloud data platforms are available only on certain cloud marketplaces. The instructions outlined above are for AWS. If you have launched for Azure, there are a couple of simple manual steps to take to get set up. For further assistance, submit a case at the Matillion Support Portal.
Start by Creating a new project on the target server. Once you are in the project, Go to Project. then Import (consult the Import - Export documentation for more information). Select the JSON file from the backup you made in the preceding steps and restore it.
Restoring API Profiles
- Click Project, then Manage API Profiles, and then select either Manage Query Profiles or Manage Extract Profiles depending on the API profiles you wish to restore.
- Create an API profile, and then copy the definitions you previously backed up and saved locally, and paste them into your new API Profiles.