Google Analytics Query: Add New Data Sources
This topic explains how to add additional data sources to the Google Analytics Query component in Matillion ETL.
This guide presumes that you already have a Matillion ETL instance up and running, with an Orchestration Job that includes a configured (see green border) Google Analytics Query component on the canvas.
Important Information and Links
Adding New Data Sources
Follow our step by step guide to set up a new data source within the Google Analytics Query component.
1. Right-click on the Google Analytics Query component.
2. Navigate to the very final option in this component menu and click Add New Data Sources. This action will open the Add New Data Sources dialog box.
3. At the bottom of the Add New Data Sources dialog box, please first add an API Profile in the corresponding field. Users can find a list of their API profiles by clicking Project → Manage API Profiles.
4. Next, click the button to add a new data source. Provide the TableName (the name of the data source), a description, and the requested dimensions and metrics. For more information about dimensions and metrics, please read this Google support article.
Please note: Google sets a performance "baseline" by allowing a maximum 7 dimensions and 10 metrics in any one API request. For more information, please read Google's support documentation.
5. Once you have completed the fields, either add an additional data source, or click OK.
6. If the information provided is correct, Matillion ETL will add the data source and provide a success message.
7. Click Close.
8. Click into the Data Source property and select the new data source.
Please note: If Matillion ETL successfully added the data source, but the data source is not displayed when following step 8, please right-click the Google Analytics Query component and click Refresh Source Schema. Once this action has validated, click into the Data Source property again and the new data source should now be available.
If you require assistance adding new data sources, please visit our Getting Support page.