Google Analytics Query - Add New Data Sources
This topic explains how to add additional data sources to the Google Analytics Query component in Matillion ETL.
This guide presumes that you already have a Matillion ETL instance up and running, with an orchestration job that includes a configured Google Analytics Query component on the canvas.
Adding new data sources
- Right-click on the Google Analytics Query component and click Add New Data Sources on the drop-down menu. This will open the Add New Data Sources dialog.
- At the bottom of the Add New Data Sources dialog, select UniversalAnalytics from the API Profile Location drop-down menu.
- Click + to add a new data source. Provide the table name (the name of the data source), a description, and the requested dimensions and metrics. For more information about dimensions and metrics, read this Google support article.
You can view or edit the configuration of the UniversalAnalytics API profile in the Manage Query Profiles dialog. Click Project → Manage API Profiles → Manage Query Profiles to open this dialog. For more information read Manage Query Profiles.
Google sets a performance "baseline" by allowing a maximum 7 dimensions and 10 metrics in any one API request. For more information, read Google's support documentation.
- Once you have completed the fields, either click + again to add another data source, or click OK to close the dialog.
- If the information provided is correct, Matillion ETL will add the data source and provide a success message.
- Click Close.
- Click ... next to the Data Source property and select the new data source from the drop-down list.
If Matillion ETL successfully added the data source, but the data source is not displayed when following step 7, right-click the Google Analytics Query component and click Refresh Source Schema. Once this action has validated, click into the Data Source property again and the new data source will now be available.
For further assistance adding new data sources, read Getting Support.