How to Generate a New Databricks Token
This page is a guide for generating a new access token in Databricks. Access tokens can be used for secure authentication to the Databricks API instead of passwords.
Users will need a valid username and password for Databricks before getting started.
Generating a new Databricks token
1. Log in to the Databricks portal using valid username and password credentials.
2. Once you have logged in, click the user icon in the top-right of the user interface (UI).
3. This will activate a drop-down menu. From here, click User Settings.
4. In the User Settings page, click Access Tokens.
5. Click Generate New Token.
6. Provide a comment to describe the token. In this example, the comment is New_Matillion_ETL_project. Then, input a number of days for the token's lifespan. If this field is empty, the lifespan is indefinite. Click Generate.
7. Copy the token now and paste it somewhere secure—the intended location, for example. You will not be able to view the token again in the Databricks portal. Click Done.
8. Refresh the page and the token entry will be present. Users will be able to see token metadata including the Token ID, the comment made during the token setup, the creation timestamp, and the expiration timestamp (if applicable).
The Token ID is not the token.