Matillion ETL support lifecycle
Matillion releases Matillion ETL runtimes in private preview, public preview, and general availability (GA) versions.
Read Matillion ETL supported releases to check whether your instance's version is marked for long-term support (LTS).
Short-term releases—often known as short-term support (STS)—are for customers who want to stay on top of the latest Matillion releases, and for those who wish to try the newest features available to Matillion products.
For Matillion ETL, a new update is available every 6-8 weeks. An STS release will be considered "end of life" (EOL) after a 6-8 week cycle. This time frame is always subject to change.
If you're currently running a version of Matillion ETL that is not LTS or the current STS, please consider upgrading to an LTS or the current STS version so that your Matillion ETL instances are running on supported versions that will receive updates including security and stability improvements and bug fixes.
Long-term releases—often known as long-term support (LTS)—exist for customers who would prefer to run a single, stable version of a product for at least 12 months, with that designated version receiving high-priority bug fixes during its lifecycle.
Matillion plans to support each LTS version of Matillion ETL for a period of 18 months before an LTS version becomes EOL.
Release notes will indicate that a release is a long-term support (LTS) release.
As of November 2022, the latest version of Matillion ETL is
1in this version denotes the major version.
.67in this version denotes the minor version. Minor version updates are available roughly every 6-8 weeks.
.8in this version denotes the patch version. Patch version updates are available roughly every two weeks.
Minor version releases
Matillion unveils a minor version release of Matillion ETL roughly once every six to eight weeks. This time frame is always subject to change.
Minor version releases of Matillion ETL are fully regression-tested against the entire stack of offerings.
Minor version releases typically include:
- Bug fixes.
- Deprecation of components or features where required (typically to welcome an improved component or feature).
- Driver updates.
- New features.
- Security updates (OS, Tomcat, etc.).
- UI updates.
- Updates and improvements to existing features.
Patch version releases
Matillion unveils a patch version release of Matillion ETL roughly once every two weeks, where required. This time frame is always subject to change.
A patch version release might include:
- High-priority bug fixes and/or improvements.
- Release Notes Advisories contains a library of notices that users should consider if they're running certain versions of Matillion ETL.
- Release Notes Archive is an index of release notes for past versions of Matillion ETL. Each version's page contains a minor version release and any adjunct patch version releases. Each page provides a changelog for all cloud data warehouses.