1.66 Release Notes
Below, you can find release notes for Matillion ETL version 1.66.x
Matillion ETL version 1.66.21 (interim release)
2022 - October 20th
- Fixed an issue to prioritize UI websocket messages over background ones to maintain UI responsiveness under load.
- Fixed an issue where selecting the output operation
Upsertin the Salesforce Output component would lead to the Update/Delete key being used to build an Upsert SQL statement. The Upsert key is now used as expected.
- Scheduled jobs that have been automatically cancelled to prevent duplication are more consistently represented in the REST API.
- Fixed an issue where the Excel Query component would load the wrong columns if the
Spreadsheetvalue was altered after an initial job run.
- Fixed an issue where a user's selected environment would not persist on logging out and back in and would instead default to the project's default environment. Now, when a user logs out and back in, their most recently selected environment will be the environment they selected before logging out.
Matillion ETL version 1.66.20 (major release)
2022 - October 7th
New features and improvements
- Versioned the Zoho CRM Query component. When using the refreshed component, you'll need to create new OAuth entries to authenticate the component with your Zoho CRM account.
- Added matillion-examples folder of sample jobs; and matillionexamples folder of shared jobs. To access, select Include Samples during the Create Project process.
- Enabled environment variable-based user configuration, enabling internal and OpenID-based authentication on clustered instances.
- The appearance of the Manage Schedules dialog has been modified to provide a better user experience.
- Updated Zero Copy Clone:
- When a user clones an environment or database, or a clone is created as part of a scheduled job, this is now reported in the task history.
- If an environment is cloned as part of a scheduled job and a user's environment limit is reached, the task is cancelled and this is reported in the task history.
Snowflake and Amazon Redshift
- Updated the Salesforce Output component:
- Rejected/failed records can be captured in an exception table, so that they can be flagged for further analysis.
- New component properties allow the user to specify the database and table that will hold the rejected/failed records. The table will be created if it does not already exist.
- The error table includes the content of failed rows, the error message, and a timestamp that includes the time zone.
Delta Lake on Databricks
- Validation has been added to the Notebook property of the Run Notebook component to inform the user if the environment has invalid Databricks credentials.
- Clicking the Notebook property in the Run Notebook component now offers both a field for a notebook file path, and a list of directories and notebooks based on the connected Workspace in the Matillion ETL environment.
- CDC shared jobs are now available with Matillion ETL. These shared jobs work with the CDC pipeline functionality in Matillion Data Loader. Currently, only the Avro file type is supported. These shared jobs don't work with the Manage Change Data Capture feature within Matillion ETL.
- CDC Shared Jobs Overview
- Sync All Tables Shared Job
- Sync Single Table Shared Job
- Fixed an issue where Matillion ETL's Git Integration feature would sometimes freeze when trying to checkout a branch with uncommitted changes.
- Fixed an issue where Manage Schedules would incorrectly accept invalid values for Minute and Hour if the first two characters were correct. For example, a Minutes value of
21asdasdshould have failed, but didn't.
- Fixed an issue where the SurveyMonkey Query component was unable to pull more than 100 survey responses per survey.
- Fixed an issue where some components were not working as expected when connecting to Matillion ETL via a proxy server.
- Fixed an issue where validating nested metadata would not produce the same results as validating the Table Metadata parameter for the Create Table and Assert Table components.
- Fixed an issue where the redirect back to Matillion ETL after logging into Matillion Hub would fail.
- Fixed an issue where the task history and task panel were not showing expanded messages for Zero Copy Clone tasks.
- Fixed an issue where running a job in a cloned environment incorrectly caused a command failure error message to be displayed on screen.
- Fixed an issue where tables created in a cloned environment were shown as existing in both the cloned and the original environment, although they, correctly, only existed in the cloned environment.
- Fixed an issue where the Excel Query component couldn't correctly load a file that had been converted from XLS to XLSX.
- Fixed an issue where links from Matillion ETL to Snowflake documentation for Calculator functions failed.
- Fixed an issue where one Matillion ETL user selecting an environment would select this environment for any other users working in the Matillion ETL instance. If one user selects a different environment it will not affect the other user.
- Fixed an issue where creating an OAuth entry for the Zoho CRM Query resulted in an error. Note: when using the new Zoho CRM Query component, a new OAuth must be configured.
Delta Lake on Databricks
- Fixed an issue where dragging a table from the Environments panel to the canvas would not deploy the table to the canvas when a user released the left mouse button.
Delta Lake on Databricks and Google BigQuery
- Fixed an issue where Extract Nested Data failed to validate on the generated SQL when semi-structured data contained an array within a struct; and also when an array where column names and actual values were similar.
- Bing Ads API driver updated
- Facebook Ads API driver updated
- Excel API driver updated
- SendGrid API driver updated
- SurveyMonkey API driver updated
- Zoho CRM API driver updated