When using an agent on Microsoft Azure, that agent will require access to Blob Storage. This must be set up by the user with correct access before installing the agent.
It is possible to use an existing storage account, it is recommended to create a new storage account for CDC. The process is covered in this article.
Creating a storage account
- From your Microsoft Azure Portal browse to the Storage accounts service.
- Click Create.
- Select a resource group and region. It is recommended to choose the same as you will be launching your agent (and Key Vault) in. You may want to create a new resource group to contain your CDC resources in.
- Click Review + create and then Create.
- After a brief moment your resource will be created. Click Go to resource when complete.
- When the resource has been created, click Containers.
- Click + Container.
- Leave the Public access level as Private.
- Give your new container a name and click Create.
- Click Access keys and then Show Keys.
- Make note of one of your access keys from a Key field. This Storage Access Key (SAS) will be required while you create your CDC pipeline in Matillion Data Loader UI.