Setting up CDC agents is an involved process that requires access to the cloud platform and services as well as a degree of familiarity with that platform. The exact method of installation is up to the user. We highly recommend going through this process with your cloud platform administrator. Equally, we recommend using the method of installation you are most familiar with.
Note that Azure resources may come with their own pricing independent of any billing you receive from Matillion.
- Create new resources specifically for CDC use rather than attempt to use existing cloud resources
- Set up a resource group for your new resources for better organization and billing ease
- Consult your cloud/network administrator for advice on VPCs, Subnets and other considerations such as AWS Regions.
- Keep resources in the same Azure region. Note that not all resources and services are available in all resources; it is recommended you research your desired region in advance.
The installation process is quite involved and different installation methods will require different levels of instruction.
Below is a checklist of resources required and full guides to setting up each can be found in the below links. A non-templated installation would require all of these steps be completed.
- Create a new agent in Data Loader
- Create the following resources in Azure (we recommend in this order):
If using a template to aid installation, users should be cognizant of the resources that template is creating and take care to only manually set up the additional resources they require. For example, it is unnecessary to go through the Container Instance setup guide if you are using a template.
See the individual template documentation to understand which resources they include and require. Basic templates are minimal and require the user set up many resources while advanced templates take care of almost the entire installation process.