CDC Pipeline Detailed View
You can access a detailed view for each pipeline on your dashboard, which displays useful information, configuration settings, and performance data. The dashboard is read-only; there is no option to edit any of the presented information.
Open the detailed view for a pipeline by clicking the pipeline's name on the Pipelines dashboard.
Refer to the following table for a description of each component of the pipeline detailed view.
|1||Summary details||The top of the screen shows the pipeline's Name, Source, Destination, and Agent.|
|2||Agent status||Displays the current status of the agent. See Status details, below.|
|3||Pipeline status||Displays the current status of the pipeline. See Status details, below.|
|4||Actions||Click ... to see actions you can perform on the pipeline. You can Start or Stop the pipeline (if the pipeline is in an appropriate status), or Delete the pipeline. Deleting a pipeline is permanent and can't be reversed.|
|5||Throughput||Throughput is the rate at which events are consumed by the agent, measured in rows per second. This is a point-in-time measure taken when the detailed view page was loaded. Refresh your browser to see a current value.|
|6||Rows changed||The total number of rows captured via snapshot, and the total number of insertions, updates or deletions captured over the last 30 days. Click View usage to go to your Account Usage page on the Matillion Billing Platform.|
|7||Details||Displays the Pipeline Summary page, which contains an overview of the pipeline configuration settings. This page is also displayed at the end of the pipeline creation process. See Details, below.|
|8||Events||Shows the date and time of each occasion the pipeline started and stopped. Where the pipeline stopped as the result of an error, you can expand the log entry to view details of the error. You can choose to receive email notification each time the pipeline fails due to an error. See Events, below.|
|9||Streaming data overview||Displays a graphical representation of the total number of rows inserted, updated, or deleted over a given period. Use the drop-down field on the right to change the period to one hour, one day (the default), seven days, or 30 days.|
The agent status displayed on this page will be one of the following:
- Disconnected: The agent is not connected to Matillion's servers.
- Connected: The agent is connected to Matillion's servers.
The pipeline status displayed on this page will be one of the following:
- Not running: The pipeline is stopped.
- Snapshotting: The pipeline is performing a snapshot to get the initial database state required for CDC to start.
- Streaming: The pipeline is streaming change records to cloud storage.
- Unavailable: The agent cannot be reached, therefore the pipeline status is unknown.
The summary is divided into the following sections:
- Agent Details
- Source Details
- Selected Tables
- Destination Details
- Pipeline Settings
This page is also displayed at the final stage of the pipeline creation process. See Matillion Data Loader Pipeline UI for more information.
The Alerts section allows to you enable email notifications whenever the pipeline stops due to a failure. This option is disabled by default. Switch the toggle to Yes to enable this feature.
The Pipeline Events section shows a log of each time the pipeline was started and stopped. Successful events are highlighted with a green tick, failures with a red X. Where a failure has occurred, you can expand the entry to view the error code.
- For a more detailed look at the features and user interface of Matillion Data Loader, read Matillion Data Loader Dashboard Overview.
- For a general understanding of the flow of Matillion Data Loader's signing up process, read Signing up for Matillion Data Loader.
- For a more detailed understanding of the flow of Matillion Data Loader's user interface, read Matillion Data Loader Pipeline UI.