This page describes how to configure a Facebook AdInsights data source. With Matillion Data Loader, you can replicate and load your source data into your target destination.
- Any existing Facebook OAuth entries must be deleted within the Manage OAuth dialog, and recreated.
- Once recreated, all existing Facebook AdAccounts, AdInsights, and Content Insights pipelines that use the OAuth should run successfully.
- If you encounter issues with Facebook API rate limits, please recreate the pipeline with fewer views/tables specified per pipeline and schedule them to run at wider intervals so that the rate limit can recover between runs.
- One pipeline will be created per target—this is passed as variable
Schema Drift Support: Yes. Read Schema Drift to learn more.
Return to any page of this wizard by clicking Previous.
Click X in the upper-right of the UI and then click Yes, discard to close the pipeline creation wizard.
- Please refer to the Whitelisted IP Addresses topic before you begin. You may not be able to connect to certain data sources without first whitelisting the Batch IP addresses. In these circumstances, connection tests will always fail and you will not be able to complete the pipeline.
- In Matillion Data Loader, click Add pipeline.
- Choose Facebook AdInsights from the grid of data sources.
- Choose Batch Loading.
Connect to Facebook AdInsights
Configure the Facebook AdInsights database connection settings, specifying the following:
|OAuth||Select an OAuth entry from the dropdown menu or click Add OAuth if one doesn't exist.|
|OAuth label||Provide a descriptive name for the OAuth entry and then click Authorize. A new browser tab will open, where Facebook will ask you to confirm authorization using valid credentials.|
|Account Value||A valid account name in the format
|Advanced settings||Additional JDBC parameters or connection settings. Click Advanced settings and then choose a parameter from the dropdown menu and enter a value for the parameter. Click Add parameter for each extra parameter you want to add.|
Click Test and Continue to test your settings and move forward. You can't continue if the test fails for any reason.
Choose any tables you wish to include in the pipeline. Use the arrow buttons to move tables to the Tables to extract and load listbox and then reorder any tables with click-and-drag. Additionally, select multiple tables using the
Click Continue with X tables to move forward.
Review your data set
Choose the columns from each table to include in the pipeline. By default, Matillion Data Loader selects all columns from a table.
Click Configure on a table to open Select columns. Use the arrow buttons to move columns out of the Columns to extract and load listbox. Order columns with click-and-drag. Select multiple columns using
Click Done to continue.
Click Continue once you have configured each table.
Filter out search results
|Sleep Time||A period in seconds to sleep between API calls. Used to manage rate limiting. The default is
|Time Increment||The number of days of data aggregation. Accepts an integer between 1-90, or
|Date Preset||A date range will automatically be calculated based on the specified preset value. Please ensure this value is greater than or equal to the Time Increment specified.|
|Action Collection||Select the actions collection to retrieve. The default is
|Action Attribution Window||The attribution window for the actions. For example
|Level||The level to represent the results at. The default setting is
|Data breakdowns||Checkboxes for dataset breakdown options. Not all data breakdowns are available with each configuration. Multiple selection is accepted.|
- Choose an existing destination or click Add a new destination.
- Select a destination from Snowflake, Amazon Redshift, or Google BigQuery.
|Pipeline name||A descriptive label for your pipeline. This is how the pipeline appears on the pipeline dashboard and how Matillion Data Loader refers to the pipeline.|
|Sync every||The frequency at which the pipeline should sync. Day values include 1—7. Hour values include 1—23. Minute values include 5—59. The input is also the length of delay before the first sync.|
Currently, you can't specify a start time.
Once you are happy with your pipeline configuration, click Create pipeline to complete the process and add the pipeline to your dashboard.