Create an ETL Agent
This topic explains how to create an ETL agent in Matillion Hub.
- You need a Matillion Hub account. To learn more, read Registration.
- Once you have signed up, log in to Matillion Hub.
Create an ETL agent
- Navigate to the Select your service page. Get there by clicking the Platform Navigation button (the 9-dot square in the top-left of the UI) and then by clicking Matillion start.
- Click the Manage ETL Agents tile. Can't see it? Read Editing permissions for Unlimited Scale.
- If you haven't created an ETL agent yet, you'll land on Create your first ETL agent. Click Create an ETL agent.
|Agent name||A unique name for your new ETL agent. Maximum 30 characters. Accepts both uppercase and lowercase A-z, 0-9, whitespace (not the first character), hyphens, underscores, and single quote characters.|
|AWS region||The region is applied automatically and uses the region of the Matillion Hub organization. New to regions? Read Regions and Availability Zones.|
|Agent version||This is the agent version track that will be deployed. The latest version in the displayed track will be used every time your service is restarted.|
When you are happy with the ETL agent configuration, click Create agent.
The Agent details table lists provision metadata for your agent including the agent name, AWS region, and agent version set on the Create an ETL agent page. Also included are the agent type, the provisioning type, the cloud provider, and the deployment method.
The parameters and values in the sections Agent image URI, Agent environment variables, and Credentials are required when configuring your ETL agent with AWS Fargate.