PayPal Query Authentication
- The PayPal Query connector uses an OAuth for third-party authentication.
- While connector properties may differ between Cloud Data Warehouses, the authentication process remains the same.
Creating an OAuth Entry in Matillion ETL
In Matillion ETL, on the top left of the screen, click Project → Manage OAuth.
If a PayPal Query connector has already been added to an Orchestration Job, the Manage OAuth window may also be accessed using the following method:
- Click the connector icon to open the Properties panel at the bottom of the screen.
- Click ... next to the Authentication input, and finally click Manage in the pop-up window.
Copy the Callback URL in the field at the top of the window as this will be required in Acquiring Third-Party Credentials.
Click + in the bottom left of the window to open the Create OAuth Entry window.
Click the Service dropdown menu and select PayPal. Then, provide a name for the OAuth in the Name field and click OK.
On returning to the Manage OAuth window, check the list of OAuths to ensure the new entry is listed.
This entry is Not Configured. Configuration of the OAuth entry will be discussed in Authorising for use in Matillion ETL.
Acquiring Third-Party Credentials
Navigate to the PayPal Developer portal and click Log into Dashbaord in the top right of the screen, then enter valid login credentials on the next screen.
The PayPal Developer portal will open on the My apps & credentials window. From here, click Create app below the REST API apps list.
Now, in the Create New App window, provide details for the following fields:
- App Name: provide a name for the new app
- Sandbox Business Account: select which account with which the new app will be associated, then click Create App
The browser will then redirect to an information window for the newly created app. Copy the code in the field below Client ID, then click Show and copy the code in the Secret field. These codes will be required in Authorising for use in Matillion ETL.
Authorising for Use in Matillion ETL
Return to the Manage OAuth window in Matillion ETL and click next to the previously created OAuth entry. This will open the Configure OAuth window.
Using the codes copied from the PayPal Developer portal earlier, provide details for the following fields: