Snowflake Partner Connect
Partner Connect allows you to launch a 14-day Matillion ETL trial instance within seconds straight from the Snowflake Dashboard. This is a great way for existing Snowflake users to begin their Matillion ETL journey as the Partner Connect system will automatically connect Matillion ETL to your Snowflake
Launching a Partner Connect instance
- Log into your Snowflake account and click the Partner Connect button at the top-right of the dashboard.
- Find and click the Matillion offering from the list of Partner Connect applications.
- A window will appear outlining the details of your Partner Connect instance. Click "Connect" to continue.
- The Matillion ETL trial instance should now appear at the login screen that already contains your login details. Click "LOG IN".
- You are now ready to get started using Matillion ETL. A project has been set up for your, preconfigured to use your Snowflake assers.
Your Matillion ETL trial instance has no particular functional limitations compared to a standard instance, however there are some things you may want to consider:
- Your instance will become inactive after 14 days. If you wish to continue using Matillion ETL, it is highly advised you Migrate to a standard Matillion ETL instance before the trial ends.
- The trial instance itself is hosted on an EC2 server courtesy of Matillion and thus the user does not have direct access to changing this for the sake of changing the instance size, password, snapshots and similar.
- Although every effort is made to ensure that Partner Connect instances use the latest version of Matillion ETL, this cannot be guaranteed and your trial instance may not be as recent as the most-recent marketplace offering.
- Many functions in Matillion ETL rely on the user having their own Cloud Computing Platform accounts (such as AWS or GCP) in order to use their services (such as Key Management Systems). This can be taken for granted as users need a preexisting cloud platform account in order to launch from a marketplace but this isn't necessarily so for a Partner Connect instance. We highly recommend adding your own cloud platform credentials as User Credentials so that your trial instance can access your cloud services.
Converting to a permanent instance
Your trial instance will expire after 14 days from initialisation and it is highly recommended that users migrate their instance to a standard Matillion ETL instance before this occurs if they wish to continue using Matillion ETL. See the below article for more information:
If you have any issues with this process, please do not hesitate to contact Matillion Support
Or to discuss the best Matillion ETL solution for your needs, contact firstname.lastname@example.org