Matillion ETL for Synapse Release Notes
We highly recommend reading the Updating Matillion ETL article for the safest way to update your instance.
Matillion ETL for Synapse v1.46.8
- Added support for Azure Blob Storage when running Azure Government Cloud
- Fixed an issue in the Matillion ETL v1 API where the flag "onConflict=OVERWRITE" during job import was not working.
- Fixed an issue where running a Transformation job more than once concurrently can cause it to interfere with itself.
- Multiple bug fixes for "Assert" Components
- Multi-line data types now supported
- Fixed an issue where mismatched value types pass validation
- No longer validates on size and precision fields where not relevant
- Multiple fixes to error messages
- Fixed an error when asserting values on a view containing a datetime column
Matillion ETL for Azure Synapse v1.46
- New Zendesk Talk Query component allows users to bring their Zendesk Talk data into a table.
- New Python Script component allows users to write custom Python scripts that are executed on the instance to perform a wide variety of tasks .
- New “Assert” components can be used to test an existing object (Table, External Table, Scalar Variable or View) against user-defined criteria. This allows users to prevent jobs continuing if resources are not in their expected state.
- New “Rank” Transformation component allows users to find the numerical rank of values in a column and output these ranks to a new column.
- New “First/Last” Transformation component allows users to create groups of data and return only the first or last rows from that group.
- New “Lead/Lag” Transformation component allows users to determine values of a new column based on data preceding or following that source row with a given offset.
- New Recycle Bin feature gives users the opportunity to recover any deleted jobs before committing to delete them completely.
- Reworked Component panel organization gives an alphabetized list of all connector components.
- Connectors that only import data into external tables have been renamed as “Extract” components.
- New functions have been added to the Window Calculation component: